Tuesday 5 January 2016

The Fat Vegetarian

People will always make you feel like you're not what you see in the mirror. One has to always psych themselves before posting a picture online or wearing a pair of nice fitting shorts. 

I recently did a semi-nude shoot with a good photographer friend (not sure if he is as good a friend as he is a photographer) Lutendo (@luu_artphotography, check his work out on Instagram). The pictures of this very shoot were not supposed to be seen by the public but then I thought that maybe if a fat girl like me can show other fat girls that they can and should be proud with their shapes then why not show the pictures. 

It was a very fun shoot. Luu is professional and makes sure you're comfortable while he takes the pictures. (Ehh Luu, ewallet can be sent through, no free advertising.). I thought that I would maybe freeze during the shoot however, I had too much fun. 

As a fat girl growing up, I hated how my stretch marks looked and how people I did not know looked at me. Obviously, one always has insecurities and these often consume ones thoughts. These insecurities manifest from external forces that are exerted by people who, in their own right, also have insecurities. The way in which people are forced to think that fat people are lazy, ugly and always have to wear clothes that are two sizes too big, is the main reason so many fat people are generally shy or do not have a lot of friends. 

Our society is a thin society or it possesses a 'everybody should be thin' mentality which messes with a lot of people's mindsets. People figure that if you don't have a thin body then you are not beautiful. They assume that as a fat girl you cannot get the guys they get or even dress up better than them. Speaking from experience, one gets all kinds of looks when dressed a certain type of way. This was how I felt before 2015. I always thought that to be part of the society I had to be thin. Now I know better and will stay fat and fabulous. 

The shoot was for me to finally show that I have accepted my body and shape. That I love how I was created. I am finally proud to say that I am a Mindful, Fat Vegetarian living it large. I am having fun and enjoying the journey. 

I will post more Burnt Veggie related stuff as time goes on. It was festive therefore, stories are plenty. 

Onwards and Upwards :) 

#TheBurntVeggie

Below are some of the pictures Luu shot. Look, love and book Luu (again, ewallet nyana Luu, no free advertising here.)







No comments:

Post a Comment