Tuesday 15 December 2015

Tennis biscuits and custard


We can officially say that the year is coming to an end because I got my Christmas food. 

Growing up my grandmother would always buy Tennis Biscuits and Cold Drink. It was our dessert and we loved it, I mean who wouldn't love such beautiful food? I mean... 

Anyway I want to tell you about this beautiful food I was introduced to by Nontsikelelo Nkombisa when we used to stay together theeeeeeere very far. She bought custard and tennis biscuits and she has some. There I was obviously wanting some. She game me... I have never been so taken far by food. She spread the custard on the tennis biscuits and there we were licking our lips and fingers. 

Today, I bought some and had some and there I was trying not to cry because it was just too nostalgic. I missed uMantsikiza, I know she probably doesn't have anymore because I'm not near her. 

We had this once, but this was the best thing to ever bring us together. Ruru, thanks for introducing me to this nice thing. This will be my Christmas meal. 

Onwards and Upwards :) 

#TheBurntVeggie

No comments:

Post a Comment