Tuesday 24 November 2015

Braai season is upon us... Ahhh Damn!!!


So like braai season right? right! 

It is that time of the year where one will be invited to braais. I would give out a list of things people should get for from me, but then again I think people will want me to talk anyway but since some people might not invite me I will just write everything. 

These are a few things you will have to check before inviting a vegetarian for a braai:
  1. There are vegetarian burgers, sausages and other cool stuff like that please get some. You will afford it phela you got meat and we all know it is expensive. 
  2. No CROSS- CONTAMINATION please I don't want to see your fork stabbing my food. use two forks if necessary. 
  3. The less starch the better. Do not force me to eat pap and potato salad seriously now! I am a vegetarian not a starchitarian. 
  4. Please make sure that your omnivore friends do not even try to eat the food you prepared for the herbivores. 
  5. Oh and please make sure that no one wants me to be the centre of attention. I am a vegetarian not a reality TV show. The less the questions the better. No questions would be great but then again we live in South Africa and people are inquisitive.
  6. If all else fails, make me a sandwich! 
I have only listed five things but as we all know there are more. You need to now make sure that the ones I have mentioned are there for all the vegetarians including me at your braai. Do not worry I can make my own sandwich at your house. 

Onwards and Upwards. 

#TheBurntVeggie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment